[R] Specific criteria for color palette using heatmap.2

bioinformatics_guy wwwhitener at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 13:43:40 CEST 2009

I'm trying to display the probability space of a function and wanted to see
specifically where the maximum posterior probability is.

data=read.table("PosteriorData",header=F)
mat=as.matrix(data)
heatmap.2(mat/max(mat,na.rm=T),dendrogram=c("none"),trace=c("none"),

Rowv=F,Colv=F,labRow=3*c(10:-10),labCol=3*c(-10:10),symm=T,col=rainbow(100))

As the values are largely dispersed, I proportioned them to the maximum
posterior value (matrix/max value matrix) so that the max value would be 1.
I'd like this point to show up as say black on my heatmap.  Is there a way I
can do this?  Set value=1 as black or yellow or whatever?