[R] How to handle missing values for the GeneMeta package?

Payam Minoofar payam.minoofar at meissner.com
Tue Sep 22 18:01:28 CEST 2009

I am not sure if this is the solution you want, but complete.cases
will remove rows that contain any NA values at all from a matrix.

These lines get rid of NA values in my little function:
	predmat1 <<- as.matrix(predmat[complete.cases(predmat,respmat),])
	respmat1 <<- as.matrix(respmat[complete.cases(predmat,respmat),])

Also, you may want to look into these other options supplied by list
members:

index <- apply(yourdata, 1, function(x) any( is.na<http://is.na>(x) ) )
yourdata[ !index, ]

or

?na.omit

Sorry if I misunderstood the problem. :)

Payam
Payam Minoofar, Ph.D.
Scientist
Meissner Filtration Products