[R] Semi continous variable- define bounds using lpsolve

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:56:31 CEST 2009

I played around a bit with the original 'lp-solve' program --- i.e., not the
R package but the program to be downloaded from Sourceforge ---, at least
version 5.5.0.15 through its IDE.  I was not even able to reproduce the
example on semi-continuous variables in the reference documentation at
<http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/>.

It appears as if a bug has been introduced in newer versions of 'lp-solve'
that prevent these semi-continuous variables from being handled correctly.
So maybe it's not the fault of the R package 'lpsolve' and can only be
amended by the 'lp-solve' team itself.

Hans Werner