[R] Reading data

Keo Ormsby keo.ormsby2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:08:17 CEST 2009

Hello Ashta,
You need to use double blackslashes, liike: "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\ashta\\MyDocuments\\R_data\\rel.dat"

I usually use the following to avoid writing the path:

#select file from a popup window
f <- file.choose()
#read the file.  the  ....  is Rese for any other arguments e.g. header,
sep. quote, etc.
data <- read.table(f, ...)

Good luck! and welcome to R.

Keo.