[R] stripchart with pch %in% 21:25 with bg

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Sep 23 22:53:50 CEST 2009

>I think that it's a good idea, although I have rarely made use
>of pch > 20.
>
>This reminds me to pass on a very belated thank-you to the
>developer(s) who implemented the formula version for stripchart,
>which I had promised to do myself quite a long time ago.
>Thanks, folks!
>
>Peter Ehlers

Hi Peter,

this is a good point by the way: my workaround is a shameless hack that
does not handle the case of the graphics:::stripchart.formula(),
while for sure it should. I hope that more competent people are
going to have a look at this.

The pch %in% 21:25 are very helpfull in some situations such as
in a 2X2 contingency table : circles for women, squares for males,
statisticians in blue, politicians in red (change for your favorite
dichotomous credo here).

Best,

Jean
--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,