[R] Access to conditioning variables (lattice)

Martin Lepage martin.d.lepage at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:14:18 CEST 2009

> The problem I am facing is that I do not know how to generically access
> the conditioning variables within the panel function. In this simple
> case, I can achieve what I want to do with the following call :
>
>    do_something_with(Type[which.packet()])

I just continued testing and I realized that the last line I wrote only
worked on my test session because I had a object named 'Type'
that existed in the workplace :

    Type <- dataset.Type

I cannot access the xyplot 'data$Type' object from within the panel
function (although dataset$Type obviously works).

I will continue my search through the documentation and report any
success.

Martin D. Lepage