[R] subsetting from a vector or matrix

andrew andrewjohnroyal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:10:36 CEST 2009

both the following will probably do the trick.

?subset
?"["

Basically on the second one, you want to come down to something that
looks like

x[L]

where x is a matrix/vector, and L is a logical vector that has the
same dimension as x, but is TRUE on the values of x that you want to
select.

for instance

x <- rnorm(100000)
L <- x > 3
x[L] will return all values of x that are greater than 3.

or you can just do

x[x>3]