[R] basic cubic spline smoothing

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Sep 26 04:48:44 CEST 2009

      The best reference I know for this is something I wrote with Jim
Ramsay and Giles Hooker:  Functional Data Analysis with R and Matlab
(Springer, 2009).  Others may have better material.

      After "install.packages('fda')", I suggest you try
"system.file('scripts', package='fda')", as suggested in the Preface.
This will point you the a subdirectory of your local installation of
"fda" that contains files with names like "fdarm-ch01.R",
"fdarm-ch02.R", ..., "fdarm-ch11.R".  You will likely be most interested
Figure 9.4, sections 9.4.2 and 9.4.3, script "fdarm-ch09.R".  The script
by itself may answer your question.  If not, you may wish to consult the
book.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves

--