[R] Looking for a textbook that is more concise than Applied Linear Statistical Models (2004 version)

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:47:27 CEST 2009

Check out Simon Wood's "Generalized Additive Models: An Introduction
with R".  Its actually a lot more than its title suggests with linear
model theory and related use of R in chapter 1 (and GLMs, GAMs, mixed
models and GAMMs in subsequent chapters plus an appendix on matrix
algebra).  Google for more info.