[R] Select.spatial on spplots

Julius Tesoro jutesoro at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 12:55:33 CEST 2009

Hi everyone. I posted this on R-sig-geo but got no response.

Can select.spatial() be used in an existing spplot? I have tried selecting points (eq) from a plot generated from sp. However, when I invoke select.spatial(eq). It generates only the points without the background containing the faults. I need the background to select which earthquakes coalesce on which fault. Is there an alternative?

eq.pts<-list("sp.points",eq, col="blue", lwd=0.5, pch = 4)

spplot(faults,"Dip", xlim = c(110000,120000),
        ylim = c(3760000,3890000),
        sp.layout=list(eq.pts),
        col = heat.colors(3))

select.spatial(eq)