[R] Re ad in multiple datasets

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:46:27 CEST 2009

Try this:

filenames <- sprintf("data%d.csv", 1:20)
DFs <- sapply(filenames, read.csv, simplify = FALSE)

which will return a list of data frames, DFs, each named by its
filename so that DFs[[1]] or DFs[["data1.csv"]] give the data frame
read from data1.csv, etc. and names(DFs) gives a vector of their names
as does filenames.