[R] Optional libraries (libtiff, etc) not found

Wayne F wdf61 at mac.com
Sun Sep 27 16:23:33 CEST 2009

I installed the (binary) biOps package, which can use libtiff and libfftw.
Then I used macports to install the libraries (in /opt/local/lib). But I
restart R and biOps still does not see the libraries.

I've tried adding symbolic links from /opt/local/lib to /usr/local/lib, I've
added /opt/local/lib to LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, and it doesn't work.

Do you need to install biOps source in order for it to realize that the
libraries are there? Or something else?