[R] synchronisation of time series data using interpolation

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:13:47 CEST 2009

I saved the data sets as files and then tried to refer to those files.
Therefore the instruction:

> z1<-read.zoo(textConnection("/path/to/test1.txt")

means that I wanted to replace the manual data entry for Lines1 with a
file containing the data. It seems that your instructions only work
when data is typed from the command terminal. I cannot use data stored
in separated files. Command terminal output below:

> lines1<-read.table("/path/to/test1.txt")
> lines2<-read.table("/path/to/test2.txt")
Warning message:
incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on '/path/to/test2.txt'
in: read.table("/path/to/test2.txt")

This is test1 file:

01:00:00,500
01:00:15,600
01:00:30,750
01:00:45,720
01:01:00,700
01:01:15,725
01:01:30,640
01:01:45,710

This is test2 file:

01:00:12,20
01:01:01,55
01:01:55,22

Then I added a carriage return in test2 file and saved it:

01:00:12,20
01:01:01,55
01:01:55,22

Then I repeated the command terminal entry for lines2:

> lines2<-read.table("/path/to/test2.txt")
> library(zoo)
> library(chron)
> z1<-read.zoo(textConnection(lines1),header=FALSE,sep=",",FUN=times)
Error in textConnection(lines1) : invalid 'text' argument