[R] ggplot2 box plot notches

stvienna wiener stvienna at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:31:29 CEST 2009

Dear Thierry,

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

Is there a way not to plot outliers in the ggplot2 boxplots? In a way
that the scale of the y-axis is rendered as if there was no outlier?
(not just the the ouliers removed with the same scale of the
y-axsis...)

[ example for a boxplot: qplot(mpg, wt, geom="boxplot", data=mtcars) ]

My only solution would be to remove outliers before doing the boxplot....

Thanks again,
Stephan

PS: I think there could be a typo in the help of qplot, at least in
version 2.9.1

I think "data=mtcars" is missing....

# Use different geoms
qplot(mpg, wt, geom="path")
qplot(factor(cyl), wt, geom=c("boxplot", "jitter"))