[R] start scripts directly in the console on windows machines

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 20:28:26 CEST 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 1:49 PM, Martin Batholdy wrote:

> hi,
>
> on the mac you have the opportunity to start a script directly
> instead of opening it in the script editor.
> So when I doubleclick on an .R - file the code is executed
> immediately.
>
> I haven't found such an option in the preferences of the R program
> for windows.
> Is there also a way to do something like that?

You need to associate the .R extension with the R program at the OS
level. I thought that ought to have happened during installation, but
maybe your security settings prevented the necessary entries in the
Registry file in Windows.  If further dim  memories of XP days serve,
you can also right-click inside a Windows Explorer panel and mess with
extension properties.

--
David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories