[R] Overview of error and warning messages for teaching + examples

joris meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:50:02 CEST 2009

Dear all,

The background: as I didn't find a manual specifically directed
towards debugging R code on a novice and intermediate level, I decided
to write a student manual myself. I have some basic examples of errors
(the classical interpunction and writing mistakes), but have the
feeling that I miss quite some of the frequently occuring mistakes and
messages. Therefore I'm looking around to find a list of these, and if
possible, some examples of wrong R code.

I have been googling around a bit, but I couldn't find an overview of
the most common error and warning messages in R. Off course this
mailing list is an extensive source of all kind or errors and
examples, but I was wondering if there is a somewhat more structured
overview. All help appreciated.

Kind regards
Joris Meys