[R] k-modes (Huang) in package klaR?

Kim Vanselow Vanselow at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 16:10:10 CEST 2009

Dear R-Users and Developers,
I want to calculate something like k-means clustering, but with ordinal data (Braun-Blanquet) to combine this classification technique with a NMDS-Ordination.
I found an algorithm especially developed for categorical data: k-modes (Huang 1998). Is there a function implemented in R which can calculate with this algorithm. I found a hint on a poster-abstract from Gero Szepannek, Uwe Ligges and Claus Weihs. There it is stated that the algorithm is implemented in their package klaR. But I cannot find anything about k-modes in the klaR-Tutorial.
Could you please help me.

Thanks
Kim