[R] Line Graph Labels

zachcp zachary.charlop-powers at mssm.edu
Thu Apr 1 17:26:36 CEST 2010

I have a line graph that is flat and has sharp peaks (mass spectrometry
data). I would like to plot my data and label the peaks with their x-axis
value.  I know it is possible to have a function to find local maxima and
then to use these values in a label command but I am hoping there is a
simpler way to do this.

An example of what i would like to be able to do is in the Cooks Distance
Plot on this webpage:
http://www.personalityresearch.net/r/r.guide.html#linear

ideally i could also specify a cutoff for values to be labelled.

any suggestions are appreciated,
best,
zach cp