[R] sample size > 20K? Was: fitness of regression tree: how to measure???

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Apr 1 23:23:13 CEST 2010

The discussion of Leo Breiman's paper in Statistical Science: Statistical Modeling - The Two cultures, is a must read for all statisticians doing prediction modeling.  Especially see the exchange between Cox and Breiman (I call this the Cox-Breiman duel).

Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
School of Medicine