[R] angles

Tom_R tom.richardson at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 2 18:13:30 CEST 2010

Hi R users,

I would like to construct a sort hybrid vector/scatter plot.

My data is in the following format:  3-column x,y,z data-frame in which
every row is a separate data-point.
The x & y columns are coordinates, and the z column contains orientation
data (range 0-180 degrees, with East=0 & North=90).

I need to set each x,y, point to have the alignment in z. Hence my 'vectors'
would simply be lines with the mid-point at x,y and without arrow-heads.

R's normal vector plot requires a pair of x,y coords for the start & end of
each vector, whereas I just have an orientation.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Tom