[R] Simple plot of values and error bars: Is there an existing function for this

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 2 22:06:27 CEST 2010

In an OpenOffice.org forum someone asked if it was possible to plot some raw data and then add a line for the confidence interval.

Example at  http://www.graphpad.com/help/Prism5/scatter%20-%20grouped.png

While it may be possible to do this in OOo's spreadsheet program it looks nasty (both to do and the results )

I can do this in R but I'm not  good enough that I can produce a fairly seamless function to handle it. This must be a fairly common plot so I was wondering if anyone can point me to an existing function for it?

I suspect if I knew a bit more about ggplot2 I could do it there.

Thanks