[R] SAS and R on multiple operating systems

Roger DeAngelis(xlr82sas) rdeangel at amgen.com
Mon Apr 5 23:35:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

  You are correct SAS no longer supports OS X under SAS-Proper. I use the
term SAS-Proper for base SAS with SAS-Connect. It does appear that some
improper SAS products are supported under MAC OS?

SAS releases JMP® 8 for Mac, Linux
Users of all major desktop operating systems can now explore and visualize
data through intuitive drag-and-drop interaction

CARY, NC  (Apr. 28, 2009)  –  SAS, the leader in business analytics, today
begins shipping JMP 8 statistical discovery software for Macintosh and
Linux. SAS also starts shipping JMP 64-Bit Edition, Version 8, for both of
these operating systems. These releases extend JMP’s groundbreaking new way
to explore and visualize data to more users.

I get very confused with the myriad of SAS products.