[R] SAS and R on multiple operating systems

Roger DeAngelis(xlr82sas) rdeangel at amgen.com
Tue Apr 6 01:48:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

  One final point about persistent simultaneous environments.

  In windows I sit in my development directory(PWD) and simultaneously my
Unix session sits in my production directory(PWD). This simplifies
versioning,  promotion to production and batch execution.

  My Unix session is persistent so my work directory, macro variables,
configuration settings persist form one interactive submission to the next.
I can easily change things like debugging options for just one block of
code. If I want to run some code in the 'clean production environment' I
just submit it to unix batch.

 I think all the suggestions so far have been 'batch' execution on the
server.

Regards