[R] SAS and R on multiple operating systems

Roger DeAngelis(xlr82sas) rdeangel at amgen.com
Tue Apr 6 20:34:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

  I agree with Barry, but there are some of us out there that are trying to
change the image of big Pharma.
R helps statisticians do real science.

  I have complained for about 10 years about EXCEL and WORD driving the
delivery of inputs and outputs. Years ago, I did a short gig with contract
Pharma that used postcript(pre LaTex) and I think Framemaker for
deliverables. Since the FDA deliverables tend to be PDFs this seemed to make
sense to me. I am not that knowlegeable about LaTex, but I suspect LaTex is
superior to Word and I believe LaTex is a markup language and therefore
supports templates?  But Microsoft has a stranglehold on most companies.