[R] 3-D response surface using wireframe()

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 01:12:36 CEST 2010

I am working on plotting a response surface using wireframe(). The default style/orientation is

y       |
\       |
 \      |
  \     |
   \    |
    \   |
     \  |
      \ |
       \|________________x
        0

Now what I want the orientation of axes is:

                 /0\
                /   \
               /     \
              /       \
           y             z

My understanding is that the screen=list(z=,y=,x=) control the orientation of axes, but even after reading the help page of screen argument, I still don't understand how to use it.

screen: "A list determining the sequence of rotations to be applied to the data before being plotted. The initial position starts with the viewing point along the positive z-axis, and the x and y axes in the usual position. Each component of the list should be named one of "x", "y" or "z" (repititions are allowed), with their values indicating the amount of rotation about that axis in degrees."

Can anyone explain to me how the screen argument works? And what values (x,y,z) I should choose for the orientation that I want?

Another question is wireframe(0 will draw all 8 edges of the cubic by default, is there anyway that I can control what edges I can draw, what I can hide?

thanks very much!

John