[R] Converting a character string into a data frame name and performing assignments to that data frame

Kavitha Venkatesan kavitha.venkatesan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:13:23 CEST 2010

Hi,
I'd greatly appreciate any insight into the problem in my previous
message below: Please note that I would like to loop through the
following steps for a list of data frames whose names are dynamically
assigned at run time, so I have a character string variable, called
"variable.df", which stores the name of the data frame at any given
point ...and I need to be able to manipulate the contents of the data
frame somehow using this character string :

> colnames(variable.df) = colnames(some.other.df)
> variable.df = rbind(variable.df, some.other.df)
> write.table(variable.df, file=some.file)

Thanks!
Kavitha