[R] It This data viz possible in R?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Apr 8 12:39:27 CEST 2010

On 04/08/2010 12:44 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> There is draw.arc in the plotrix package.

Well, draw.arc is specified by center, radius and start/finish angles,
so it would be a lot of calculation to get these from the two points
that must be joined on the circumference. I would probably translate
this into the Postscript arct command, as you would probably have to use
the Postscript or similar device to get a decent image. I programmed
something similar, but a lot simpler, some years ago in Postscript and
it worked out pretty well. Getting the correct angle for the text was
tricky, you can see how some of the text on the example is upside down.

Jim