[R] [R-pkgs] SOAR - Stored object caches for R

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 8 20:19:46 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 07 avril 2010 à 18:03 +1000, William Venables a écrit :

[ Snip ... ]

> [ ... ]                                               The effect is
> somewhat like that of the use of the .Data directory in S-PLUS, (a
> program not unlike R), though somewhat more manually driven.

I'm not sure that such "old-timers" puns qualify for fortune()ification,
but this is a good one...

William :

did you consider possible interaction with other cacheing efforts such
as cachesweave ? It seems that the idea of alleviating memory/CPU time
requirements is a concern to many people (of course, the intrinsically
interactive development process that S/R allow(s) makes this a big
concern). Unifying those efforts, and maybe incorporating them in the
base interpreter, might be worthwhile...