[R] how does one print code

David.Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Apr 8 23:16:23 CEST 2010

There is quite a long piece of code defining a certain function in one of the
R packages.
I think the code has a bug and I want to get the code into a file so that I
can take a proper look, and possibly fix it.

how does one do this? (I mean getting the code into a file, not fixing the
bug.) I suppose I could copy and paste, but that's a bit error prone for
various reasons. I want the same arrangement of code formatting as in the
original---copy and paste often messes this up.

I tried using as.character(functionname) but that wasn't at all appreciated.
I  tried searching the archives of this forum but couldn't figure out
exactly what to search for (got too many hits). I also tried Google, but
that was also no help.

Thanks
David