[R] Placing the ≥ symbol in the Trellis custom strip

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Fri Apr 9 01:21:48 CEST 2010

See ?plotmath for how to add mathematical symbols and markup to plots.

e.g.

xyplot(1:10 ~ 1:10 | factor(1:2),
  strip = strip.custom(factor.levels =
    expression("< 90 kg", "" >= 90 * " kg")))

On 9 April 2010 06:45, mahesh samtani <msamtani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to use ≥ symbol in the Trellis custom strip. The ascii ALT Key
> for this symbol is 242. However, when I try "\242 90 kg" I get the ¢ symbol
> in the trellis custom strip. Can some one kindly help me?
>
> Thanking you in advance,
> MNS

Felix Andrews / 安福立
Postdoctoral Fellow
Integrated Catchment Assessment and Management (iCAM) Centre
Fenner School of Environment and Society [Bldg 48a]
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
M: +61 410 400 963
T: + 61 2 6125 4670