[R] How to install Defaults package offline

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 10 08:09:15 CEST 2010

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, dbonneau wrote:

> Hi,
> I just installed R software on my machine which is not supposed to have an
> internet access. I installed several package that I need, which are
> quantmod, xts, TTR etc. When I typed require(quantmod), I get " Error:
> package 'Defaults' could not be loaded". How do you install Defaults package
> if you don't have an internet access ? Does anyone know where I can find the
> file so I can install it manually ?

The same place you found the packages quantmod, xts and TTR?
Defaults is a CRAN package, see
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Defaults/index.html

Now, you did not tell us your OS, R version or whether you were
looking for source or binary packages, so you made it maximally
difficult for us to give more precise details.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk