[R] Inline Package: void vs return type functions

satu satu2021 at live.com.ar
Tue Apr 13 15:46:44 CEST 2010

Dear all,

After having a look at the "inline" package and also going through the
"Rcpp" package which is tighty related to it, it came to me this question:

1) my C/ C++ code has a return type (let say a double[][] or a user define
class)
2) I am working with an extensive library built by someone else and  I don't
have the time/knowledge to change it by means of working with "pointer"
variables in order to avoid the return sentence,,,

question A: can I use the -inline- "cfunction" without resorting to the Rcpp
functionality?
-- if this is true, question A2: do I need to go deep in the source code
coming from the library (that I am trying to use) to perform the interface
through the Rcpp classes?
questionB: is it true that the working with the -inline- function you have
to have only void return type code?
-- if this is false, questionB2: do you have a simple example of this?

Many thanks

Sergio Barrios