[R] Network Analysis

Jakson A. Aquino jaksonaquino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:14:33 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 07:44:23AM -0800, bchaney wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would really appreciate any
> insights/suggestions that the group could provide.

I did not do sophisticated analyzes, but my opinion is that igraph
is easier to use and more versatile than statnet. It is also more
capable of dealing with big networks. The only issue with igraph
functions is that we have to remember that the indexes start at 0
and not 1 as all other R functions. The default igraph plots are
very simple, but it is easy to add attributes to an igraph object
to make nice graphics.

--
Jakson A. Aquino
Federal Uni. of Ceara