[R] Efficiency of C Compiler in "R CMD SHLIB"

yehengxin xye78 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:52:12 CEST 2010

Thanks for your response.  I found the folder to modify the compiler for C
source codes.  C++ 6.0 is an old C programming environment (1994~1998) but
it is efficient.   When compiling C source codes in C programming
environment, one needs to choose between "debug" or "release" modes.
"release" mode is much faster than "debug" mode.  But in R's "R CMD SHLIB",
I did not see such an option.

I want to try alternative compilers to see if I can reach that level of
efficiency in R's DLL.  Later, I may try using "OPENMP" in my C codes to do
parallel computing.  So I need to figure out how to change compiler to
generate DLL for R.  Could you give me some suggestions?  Thanks a lot!