[R] TeachingDemos install bumps out with 'Out of memory!'

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Apr 16 19:18:21 CEST 2010

I have no idea what is happening here (not an ubunto or linux expert), but it seems unlikely that the particular package is the main problem, rather that is the package you happen to be on when the problem manifests.  TeachingDemos does not have any compiled code (all straight R code) and does not run any initialization procedures and is not a huge package, so seems unlikely to be the culprit (but if it is, let me know and I will try to fix it).  Have you tried restarting the computer and installing packages in a fresh session?

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org