[R] getting column's main

AuriDUL auridul at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 16:40:40 CEST 2010

Hello.

I have data of potatoes production in EU during 1998-2009 from EuroStat
where the first column consists of the names of EU countries, the following
columns consists of appropriate data in each year.

Let's say, I investigate Lithuania. For example, I have a row containing
potatoes production in 1998, 1999, ..., 2009 in Lithuania. I can easily find
the maximum value in this row but...

...but

How could I print the year (the name of the column) where that maximum value
of potaoes production in Lithuania exists? [if it's even possible.]

I only have a code which can print a number of the column where that maximum
value of Lithuania's potatoes production during 1998-2009 is.

Thanks in advance.