[R] sample period specification

Kapur, Muneesh mkapur at rbi.org.in
Sun Apr 18 18:02:13 CEST 2010

I am using R and I input data through excel files. I am able to read the excel files into R through xlsreadwrite package.
My query: is how to tell the sample period of the data.
For example, data in my file are annual and start from the year 1950 and go up to the year 2010.
the R, however, reads it as starting at 1 and ending at 60.
for example, when I do structural break, its shows break, say, for observation 30, but does not give the year per se. the same is true for plots etc.
Kindly let me know how to incorporate the sample period in the R.

Regards
Muneesh

Muneesh Kapur
Director, Department of Economic Analysis and Policy
 and Executive Assistant to Deputy Governor Dr.Subir Gokarn,
Reserve Bank of India
Central Office, Fort,
Mumbai 400001
India
Tel +91-22-2261 0986; +91-22-2261 0990
Fax +91-22-2267 5831
mail: mkapur at rbi.org.in<mailto:mkapur at rbi.org.in>

Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.