[R] Odp: dataframe

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Apr 19 12:24:03 CEST 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 19.04.2010 10:12:59:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to load a csv file in which all the variables must be of type

> number.The object is a dataframe.When i load the file what i get is a
dataframe

You probably have non numeric data in your original CSV. Either you can
correct it before reading it or you could try to force colClasses
parameter of read.*whatever* you use and failed to tell.

Another option is to remove nonumeric items and change factors to numeric

see
?as.numeric and ?as.character

Regards
Petr