[R] converting a zoo or an xts to a data frame

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 05:15:49 CEST 2010

If z is a zoo series as.data.frame(z) converts it to a data frame.
If that is not what you are asking please clarify.  Also read the last
line to every message to r-help asking for complete self contained
code.  Yours has undefined variables.

Also what is the purpose of the code?  Normally its unnecessary to
have a ts class column in a data frame.

Note that get.hist.quote can output ts series directly if you use the
retclass= argument.

There are facilities in quantmod for dealing with stock price data
that you might want to look at.