[R] Help: coxph() in {survival} package

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Apr 20 06:39:41 CEST 2010

Hi Xin, to answer your question: say you have your regression

reg = coxph(...

Then you can assess the log likelihood by

reg$loglik

This vector contains typically two values, the null log likelihood of the
restricted model that excludes the fixed effects and the log likelihood of
the unrestricted model that includes the fixed effects. The latter is
certainly the value you want. It is the second in the vector provided by
reg$loglik.

To store them you could just create a vector and add the log likelihood
values to the vector. Something along the lines of:

logliks=numeric(90)
for(i in 1:90){
	reg=coxph(... , data=aListOfYour90Datasets[[i]])
	logliks[i]=reg$loglik[2]
}

HTH,
Daniel