[R] Converting daily data series to monthly series

Rubén Roa rroa at azti.es
Wed Apr 21 07:55:33 CEST 2010

Let df be your dataframe,

#In case you have to format your data as date before setting the montth
df$date   <- as.Date(df$date, "%d/%m/%Y")
#Getting year, month and week from your correctly formatted date
df$Year   <- as.numeric(format(df$date, "%Y"))    #Year
df$Month  <- as.numeric(format(df$date, "%m"))    #Month
df$Week   <- as.numeric(format(df$date, "%W")) +1 #Week

Dr. Rubén Roa-Ureta
AZTI - Tecnalia / Marine Research Unit
Txatxarramendi Ugartea z/g
48395 Sukarrieta (Bizkaia)