[R] Converting daily data series to monthly series

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:28:20 CEST 2010

If you only have 28 days in Feb in your series then that is what will
be summed if you follow those examples.  If you mean that your series
does include Feb 29th but you want to exclude it from the aggregates
then just remove the Feb 29th points first and work with the reduced
series:

library(zoo)
x <- zooreg(1:366, start = as.Date("2000-01-01"))
ix <- format(time(x), "%m-%d") != "02-29"
x0 <- x[ix]
aggregate(x0, as.yearmon, sum)