[R] creating dummy with loop command

Dimitri Liakhovitski ld7631 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:27:44 CEST 2010

Serdal,
I think what David is saying: just take those 2 variables you have and
specify them as factors. Assuming your data frame is called "MyData":

MyData$Ind_1<-as.factor(MyData$Ind_1)
MyData$Ind_2<-as.factor(MyData$Ind_2)

This way R will know they are not numeric variables but categorical
variables. Then, when you do analyses using those variables, R will
treat them as such and will build dummies "automatically" (e.g., if
you use regression, etc.).
Actually - it'd be nice to know what you are building your dummies for.

Dimitri