[R] Event History Data Recoding

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Apr 23 23:58:29 CEST 2010

The reshape() function would be used to reorganize your event history
data set so that the Discussion and Agreement dates are one above the
other in the same column, presumably with another variable to flag
which is which (although you don't seem to need that).

Then, separately, you read your "information" data into R, reorganize
it into the same structure as the reshaped event history, and then
append it to the reshaped event history (using the rbind() function),
and finally, sort.

That's my best guess given what you've shown. But there are puzzles,
i.e., dates in the inputs that are not in the output, and dates in
the output that are not in the input. Event=0 shows up in the output
but not in the input. The "information" dataset doesn't have event
numbers.

Reading the "information" file into R and reorganizing into columns
with the correct structure for appending looks tricky.

-Don