[R] Intersection for two curves

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 15:34:08 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM, hadley wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> rm(list=ls())
>>
>> PLEASE, DON'T DO THAT!!!!. Or rather you can do it in your workspace but
>> don't post it. It's not fair to a person who may not read your code line by
>> line before pasting it into their workspace and having it wiped out. Do you
>> expect us to completely clear out our workspaces just so we can answer your
>> questions? At the very least comment it out so it doesn't blow away half a
>> days work for someone who is trying to be helpful.
>
> If clearing out your workspace destroys *any* work, then something is
> seriously wrong with your workflow.

Yes, of course.  Lets all post viruses to run on each others'
machines.  That will teach those users who don't run antivirus and
backup software between each posting to r-help.  Also if they are
running large data sets whose processing takes time to recreate they
should be checkpointing everything at all points during the
development.  And what about those misguided Bayesians who are running
those long MCMC simulations.  Let them just rerun them from the start.
 Its really all their fault anyways.  They should have known better.
:)