[R] Oddity with internet access and R 11.0 with Sophos firewall and Windoze XP - solved (and version numbers corrected!)

chrishold at psyctc.org chrishold at psyctc.org
Sat Apr 24 14:06:31 CEST 2010

Ah, Dr. Who's got nothing on me!

Beg pardon, I'm recuperating from an operation and clearly more than
usually disoriented.  I meant 2.10.1 and 2.11.0 of course.

Now that I'm here, courtesy of my time slip, what I'd really love to see
in R 10.0.0, or even 2.12.0, is the choice to have output either in the
current plain text or to some simple formatting primitives that would
have default tabs & tables for matrices etc. and allow embedded
graphics.  I'd love to be able to opt to save that as HTML, XML, TeX,
RTF, ODF wihthout the complexities of Sweave, ODFWeave, R2HTML etc.

I know the complexities of Sweave etc. are child's play to numerically
and computer gifted people such as yourself Professor, and the R core
team, but for those of us who proselytise for R to mere psychologists,
doctors, psychotherapists etc., that complexity is hard and the hassles
of reformatting text to nice tables etc. discourages people from coming
across from SPSS I know.

OK, back into my tardis and thanks for the correction!!

Chris

Prof Brian Ripley sent the following  at 24/04/2010 11:57: