[R] Intersection for two curves

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 04:19:59 CEST 2010

> Many people seem to be reluctant to define functions,
> even thought I think it is a pretty small step from
> writing scripts to writing functions.

I'm not so sure - I find most students struggle to grasp that next
level of abstraction. Generalising from a specific task to a general
function is a big step. Most R users aren't programmers and many have
never had any formal training - I think writing functions well is hard
to pick up on your own.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/