[R] How to make legend with line+ character

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 27 00:54:45 CEST 2010

I suspect that you may have to construct the legend by hand (well, by explicit text commands anyway)

Something like this seems to work and it should not be that difficult to write a function  to handle the text commands.

plot(1:10,10:1,lty=1,type='b', lwd=2,pch='a')
text(1.4,6, label="-a- ", col="red")
text(2.5,6, label="dg1")