[R] Problem with 'lars' package

khasanova at berkeley.edu khasanova at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 27 00:58:03 CEST 2010

Hi,
I'm having trouble running 'lars'. When I install it I get the following
warning:

>install.packages('lars')
Warning in install.packages("lars") :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'C:\Users\Anna\Documents/R/win-library/2.10'
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL
'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.10/lars_0.9-7.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 211898 bytes (206 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 206 Kb

package 'lars' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Users\Anna\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpmRYoLn\downloaded_packages
Warning message:
In open.connection(con, "r") :
  unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.

When I actually try to run it, it gives me the following message:

Error: argument "Gram" is missing, with no default

What is the problem?
Thank you,
Anna