[R] Unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.

Cedrick W. Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Tue Apr 27 03:18:40 CEST 2010

There was a notice earlier today about a power outage affecting the main
CRAN site..

For installing packages, try:
install.packages("packagename", repos="http://cran.wustl.edu")

or to perform an upgrade:
update.packages(repos="http://cran.wustl.edu")

until the main CRAN site has been resolved. You can also google for
alternate CRAN sites to use in the repos= area as well. Bioconductor I
believe is on it's own site, not affected by the outage.

-c